13 March 2020
TO THE RESIDENTS OF SETTLERS GROUP
Dear Sir / Madam
Settlers Company Pty Limited ACN 606 610 904 (Administrator Appointed)
Settlers Operations Pty Limited ACN 609 526 605 ABN 44 609 526 605 (Administrator Appointed)
Settlers Property Trust ABN 78 694 717 061
Forum Settlers Pty Ltd ACN 613 584 759
Forum Settlers Trust ABN 21 632 813 203
FG Boomer Pte Ltd UEN 201618579M
(All Receivers and Managers Appointed, collectively the “Settlers Group”)
As you are aware, John Park, Ian Francis and I, Joseph Hansell, were appointed Receivers and Managers of the Settlers Group on 28 August 2019.
I refer to my previous communication(s) in relation to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The developments and spread of COVID-19 is occurring rapidly. In an effort to slow the progress of the virus and spread out the timeline over which sick patients arrive at healthcare facilities, government and healthcare officials across the globe have suggested that people should engage in “social distancing”. In support of this initiative to promote social distancing and to help manage the acceleration rate of the disease, we request you follow the guidelines outlined below:
- Minimise the use of common areas such as the Community Centre, Club House, Tennis Court, Bowing Green and Swimming Pool; and
- All regular gatherings such as weekly/monthly social club activities/lunches/dinners are to be suspended until further notice;
IF YOU DO NOT CHOOSE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES YOU MAY BE PUTTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS AT RISK.
As outlined in my previous correspondence, we request all resident practice good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene as it is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, after going to the toilet and blowing/wiping your nose;
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- drink plenty of water; and
- cover your cough and sneeze (preferably into your elbow), dispose of tissues, use alcohol-based hand sanitiser and if unwell avoid contact with others (touching, kissing and hugging).
Based on advice from the Australia Government Department of Health, to help limit the spread of COVID-19, you must isolate yourself in the following circumstances:
- If you have left, or transited through, mainland China, Iran, Italy, Korea or Mongolia in the last 14 days you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of leaving the affected country;
- If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, you must isolate yourself for 14 days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case; and
- If you begin to exhibit any symptoms such as fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue, and breathing difficulties please seek immediate medical advice.
If your family/friends have recently visited, passed through, or had a stopover in China, Iran, Italy, Japan, South Korea or Mongolia we ask that they do not come to the village for 14 days from the date of leaving the affected country.
The Australian Government considers the following countries to be at higher risk for COVID-19 to be Mainland China, Iran, Italy and The Republic of Korea. There are also travel restrictions for travellers from Mainland China, Iran, The Republic of Korea and Italy.
The Australian Government considers the following countries to be at moderate risk for COVID-19 to be Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and Thailand.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) has raised the level of advice for a number of countries. Conditions are changing rapidly and further updates are likely. Anyone planning to travel should read Smartraveller advice for all destinations and transit points and subscribe for updates. Please notify your village manager if you are intending of travelling in the next 4-6 weeks.
Should you have any concern or question in relation to the above please speak to your village manager.
The Settlers Group
Receiver and Manager